Zistos Corporation has always tried to keep a philosophy of backward compatibility for any new product that we have ever released. Our feeling is that our customers should not have to throw out their old model product when a new one becomes available. The backwards compatibility design philosophy has allowed our customers to build on their previous investments in our technology and add additional capability to their existing Zistos video tools.
This strategy was possible to implement from a design standpoint, because for many years the analog video technology remained the same across the spectrum of video systems and accessories designed and built by Zistos Corporation. This all changed with the introduction of the ZistosHD line of products. These wireless video systems were designed around digital HD video technology. Digital video has many benefits over analog systems, such as the increased resolution and its ability to transmit encrypted video to other displays and across networks. The very nature of the digital video signals makes them inherently incompatible with our older analog systems.
This is why we designed our WXMT-WiFi module for our older systems that may still be in use by our customers and still have many more years of use left. The WXMT-WiFi module acts like a bridge between our older systems and our newest ZistosHD systems. The WXMT-WiFi can plug into the video output of our older analog WalkAbout display. The device digitizes the analog video and makes it compatible with the newer digital displays that are used on our newest ZistosHD line of video products. This allows the older systems to still have value and allows them to be used to generate wireless, encrypted, digital video images that can be viewed on our wireless 5” and 10” displays.
Our WXMT-WiFi module was designed to provide a way for customers with older systems to benefit from some features of the ZistosHD advanced technology, without having to make a significant investment in an entirely new system.
Features of WXMT-WiFi Module:
- Small accessory that allows for the connection of wireless HD Tablets to the wired WalkAbout system.
- Creates wireless a network and allows for the addition of up to 3 HD tablets (running ZistosHD application) in addition to the WalkAbout monitor.
- Works with ANY Zistos WalkAbout system and connects to ANY ZistosHD Tablet.
- Connects to our StealthSCOPE & ExplorerSCOPE as well.
Benefits of WXMT-WiFi Module:
- No additional system batteries or components required. Only the WXMT-WiFi Module and an HD display.
- It allows for a dedicated observer that is focused on the image to decode and report what they see to the operator from afar.
- The HD tablets, used with the WXMT-WiFi, will work with any future ZistosHD gear purchase.
- Whether looking for a suspect in a dangerous location, searching for a victim in rubble, checking cargo and vehicles for contraband or industrial inspections, having an untethered second set of eyes is always beneficial.